Monday, April 17, 2017

Chapter 114 - Kafe Indiana, Klang...worth it!

The name of the place itself seems to be so glamorous with the word "Kafe" there but fret not as the ambiance of the so-called cafe itself is slightly towards the food court. There are a number of stalls there, mainly offering Chinese food like char kuey teow, fried raddish cake, fried rice, wan tan mee, and many others.

I don't fancy this place even though I am proud to be born in Klang. However, with the recent news in The Star, commenting how good is the Fried Chee Cheong Fun offered in one of the food stalls in Kafe Indiana, Klang, I decided to pay a visit to this place. Never would I know that Klang has all these delicious food #nowondermyboyfriendsaidthatiamnotfromklang

I went with my family recently and we were there relatively early. It was just 7.00pm as I stared at my watch, right in front of Kafe Indiana. The minutes I stepped into this place, my eyes were as sharp as an owl, hunting for the Fried Chee Cheong Fun. I browsed the menu one by one to look for it and even, checked at The Star to look for the name of the stall. Until a point where I went to a stall that stated "SEAFOOD"; I was so delighted and quickly placed my order. And you know what!! SOLD OUT! That was what the boss told me and of course, it broke my heart.

Badly wanted a plate of Fried Chee Cheong Fun and I was poured with disappointment. The hunger in my tummy started to growl at that time.. Since The Star commented on how good the Fried Chee Cheong Fun is due to the strong "wok-hei", I decided to get something from the stall itself by ordering a plate of "Cai Pu Fried Meehun."

Once everyone had placed the order, we sat on a table and waited patiently for our food to arrive.
9 pcs of dim sum - RM 10.00
The first to arrive was nonetheless the handmade dim sum. There was so many types of dim sum with different fillings like pork, chicken, fish and prawns, carrying different flavors and taste like tomyam and etc. We went with 9 pcs and hoola! The dim sum was so, so good. Even, my dad gave a thumb up for this! It was rich in flavor. Worth to try!

This stall is located right at the entrance of Kafe Indiana, Klang.
 Since it was so good, we ordered pau like char siew pau, sesame pau and custard pau.
Black sesame pau - RM 2.30 for each
Look at the black sesame pau! My brother who dislike black sesame immediately fall in love to this. I must say that this was good but somehow, I felt that it was a bit too sweet.
Custard pau - RM 2.30 for each
Totally speechless for this. You can't afford to share this pau because there is no way for you to share it since the custard flows its way into your mouth
Fried Mee Hun with Cai Po (RM 6.00)
This is delicious! When this plate of noodles was served on our table, I was kind of disappointed due to its presentation, maybe, but when I tasted it, I slowly favored it. Shared this with my family members and everyone gave a thumb up! No doubt that this dish had a strong "wok-hei" and it smelled so, so good.
Fried Rice with Lala (RM 7.00)
Don't judge this plate of rice. Even though it was simple in presentation but the moment when you put this in your mouth, you would be mesmerized with the aroma. It was a simple dish, yet enough to satisfy your palates.
Can you spot the tiny Lala?
Fried Mee Hun with Lala (RM6.50)
Since the plate of fried rice tasted so well, we ordered a plate of fried mee hun with lala. However, this came with huge disappointment. The taste was rather bland. To finish this plate itself seems like a torture in a way but of course, our mind, being the great mind which did not want to waste food, decided to finish it all with the help of "chilli padi". #nowyouknowwhyilovechillipadisomuch
Fried Tapioca Noodle (RM 6.50)
It's very rare to get a delicious plate of fried tapioca noodle. Since my mum tried it before and credited how good this dish was made, we went ahead and ordered one too. Unlike other fried tapioca noodle, this came in a wet version and the cook managed to spice up the dish using its own secret recipe. Worth to try!

Overall, the dining experience in Kafe Indiana was satisfying. Certainly, there are a number of stalls there which I have not tried hence, I will be coming back again to try the others.

#whosaysklanghasnogoodfood 

Ambient ; 3.5/5
Price: Reasonable
Food : Variety
Service : Depending on the stall. Overall, it was good.
**Non-Halal**

Kafe Indiana,
Persiaran Raja Muda Musa, Taman Sri Pesona, 41200 Klang, Selangor
Open from 7am - 12am

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment