Monday, April 3, 2017

Chapter 113 - Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant at Kota Damansara

It's time to start penning down my journey after being silence for the past 3 months. Many things were taking place for the last few months and it drained not only my brain juice but also, physically. But oh well, I couldn't be bothered anyway because life still move on.

So, recently, I am back to my food trail; I came across this Korean place called Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant a few times but I did not manage to blog it. Yesterday, it was a brilliant time to pen it down since I was craving badly for their kimchi and it was raining at that hour.

I have the special liking in this Daorae branch compared to other places. Somehow, the service here is really good. The staff are so bubbly and they welcome each and every of the customers with open hand even though they have to entertain customers' ridiculous requests some time. 

Lady luck was slightly at my side when I visited Daorae, Kota Damansara. I managed to get the last table for 3 pax and the person who came after me had to wait for empty table. Flipped through the menu and suddenly, I became acquainted with familiar names like bibimbap, bulgogi, jabchae and many others #thankstorunningman.
Certainly, Korean BBQ is not something to be missed. To enjoy this Korean BBQ, at least two types of meat must be ordered from the menu whether pork, beef, lamb or chicken.

Once you confirm the order, the servers will serve a bowl of soup to each diner and the side dishes will reach to your table immediately. The soup that I had at that time was indeed delicious with clams and seaweed in it.  
There were a number of side dishes to snack first while waiting for the meat to be cooked. Side dishes vary every day and even different across the branches nevertheless, I'm glad that whatever served on our table that day was something which I favored like kimchi, salad, kimchi pancake, sausages, seaweed, bean sprouts and etc.
Mok-Sal (RM 33.00)
Mok-Sal is a fresh neck shoulder pork that is served with seasoned sesame oil sauce
Go-Cho-Hang Sam-Kyub-Sal (RM 35.00)
Go-Cho-Jang Sam-Kyub-Sal is slices of pork belly that are marinated in Korean traditional chili sauce

After putting some thoughts, we opted for Mok-Sal and Go-Cho-Hang Sam-Kyub-Sal. I was not sure which meat brings the best texture so, I just picked based on the photos in the menu as well as choosing the ones where the name was not alien to me. But among this two, I definitely go with Go-Cho-Jang Sam-Kyub-Sal because the taste and aroma is much savored compared to Mok Sal where the taste is rather blend.
Normally, the meat is eaten together with the sauce provided as well as the lettuce.

Thankfully, we did not need to grill the meat on our own but leave it to the expert to do it for us. What we need to do was just munching the side dishes while waiting for the meat to be cooked. Oh ya, we also ordered Dolsot Bibimbap and Jab- Chae in the meantime.
Jab-Chae (RM 38.00)
Jab-Chae on the other hand is heavenly in taste. Even, my parents agreed to it. It is the Korean glass noodle pan-fried with thin slices of marinated pork and assorted seasoned vegetables in a sesame oil sauce. It taste so good even though the dish had turned cold after that.
Dolsot Bibim-bap (RM 24.00)
Nevertheless, Dolsot Bibim-Bap is the champion! Rich with fresh and seasoned vegetables and served in a steaming hot stone bowl over a bed of steamed rice topped with an egg yolk and served with Korean chilli paste, this bowl of bibim-bap is definitely a calling to anyone from all ages. 

Overall, it was a satisfying dinner; its been so long that I crave for Korean food and finally, they were all in my beloved tummy. Haha! We were only charged with the food that we ordered and the rest were complimentary like watermelon and steamed Korean egg.

Ambient : 4/5
Price : Reasonable
Food : Korean food
Service : 4.5/5

Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant,
No.2-3A, Jalan PJU 5/9,
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara, 
47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Contact: 603 - 6140 7114

Opens from: Lunch (1100am - 200pm) and Dinner (530pm - 1100pm)

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment