Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Chapter 132 - So much to explore in Klang! Join Klang Heritage Walk now

I always have this issue as in where to bring my friends when they travel from far to Klang. Most of the time, I would bring them for Bat Kut Teh or Dim Sum if they come in the morning. If they were to come after sunset, I would bring them for some nice Chinese food for instance, Fried Porridge, Steamed Lala, Curry Fish, Fried Chi Hun Keng (Fried Tapioca Noodles) and etc. 

And you can see.. It's all about food.

Getting ready for the walk


Recently, I joined the Klang Heritage Walk. It was unplanned as my intention was to visit the Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery only. However, we were quite early that day and there was a tour guide of the Klang Heritage Walk.

Every weekend, there is a guided Klang Heritage Walk provided by Klang's Municipal Council and Tourism Selangor for locals and tourists alike to have a glimpse about Klang and at the same time, getting to know about the history of Klang. We were fortunate that we managed to participate in this walk that day! Yay!

Klang is a royal town of Selangor and I am very proud to be part of Klang-rians. Developed way before Kuala Lumpur, Klang has a number of historic buildings with traditional structures.

In Klang Heritage Walk, visitors will be given an insight on the development of the town and will explore Klang by foot, passing through buildings like Klang Railway Station, Raja Abdullah Warehouse, Klang Fire Station, Little India, Klang Convent School, Our Lady of Loudes Church, Old Chartered Bank Building, Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery and Royal Klang Club where the tourist guide will share stories of significant people who have contributed to the development of Klang and share the lifestyle of the communities living here.

Our tour guide for that day, Julie
Stopped by Royal Klang Club and had a sip of water
The palace
I went in to the palace once but I was at the courtyard area instead of roaming around.
First time walking on Little India, Klang
Aww.. This used to be my second home when I was a child. My mum used to bring us here everyday when it's a school holiday. 

We survived!

Now I know where to bring my friends the next time when they come to Klang. It will be an eye-opening experience because there are so much things to learn and I am surprised to discover them.

If you are interested to know more about my hometown, you can simply join the Klang Heritage Walk. Just:

1. Register yourself by calling Tourism Selangor at 03 - 5513 2000 or email your interest to product@tourismselangor.my
2. Wear a comfortable pair of sneakers or sandals and bring a bottle of water on that day.
3. Bring your cap along in case you can't stand the hot weather.
4. Be punctual and enjoy the session.
I get to wear saree too :) Do I look nice here?
End the walk with a happy note by posing in Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery.

Details about Klang Heritage Walk
Duration:           2 hours walk
Day:                  Every Saturday and Sunday
Admission:       Free
Meeting point:  Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery (9.00am-9.15am)

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment