Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Chapter 134 - Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock @ Oasis Damansara

Marking the beginning of New Year, I thought of having a "muhibbah" post to kickstart this great year hence, that is the reason why I have been quite silent for the past two weeks, trying to get inspiration on what to write. I tried to figure out what would be the best post to get the ball rolling especially this will be the first post in the year of 2018.

Lately, boyfie recommended me to this place called Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock at Oasis Damansara; a very nice food place that fits my first blog post for the new year. On a very rare afternoon, I took the chance to step out of the office and visit this place. I was really excited the minute I stepped into this shop surrounded by so many working professionals eating there and soft background music featuring three different languages of songs. The songs were supposed to be loud but I guess the voice of the crowd overcame it, somehow.

Last weekend, I brought my parents and my brother to this place again. I really like how friendly the staff is and the ambience of this shop, bringing me back to the days where I used to run a lot and play with pokok malu-malu (mimosa pudica) at my kampung while my grandfather boiled a pot of siham (cockles) for us.

Nasi Lemak Ayam (RM 11.70)
One of the most recommended food in Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock is non other than Nasi Lemak Ayam. It is so delicious that my dad couldn't agree further - the chicken is well marinated and juicy despite that it has been deep fried. Sambal is amazing, fitting the taste buds of people of all ages.

Ayam Goreng (RM 7.50)
One chicken is never enough so we order another one more to satisfy our palette.

Mee Goreng Muthu (RM 9.60)
After doing a thorough research, some did recommend to try Mee Goreng Muthu. As excited as I was, I quickly had a spoon of it the minute it was put on our table. It is very fragrant in aroma but somehow, the taste is just so-so. I wish that the chef could put slightly more spices and increase its spiciness.

Nasi Goreng Ali (RM 9.60)
This is very special! The taste itself has won the heart of many; it is not like the usual fried rice that we always have at elsewhere but something is really special with this dish; not sure if they do have their own special sauces to fire up this rice. Worth trying!

Nasi Goreng Kampung (RM 9.60)
Trying to stay as authentic and pure as possible, I opted for Nasi Goreng Kampung too. For once and for all, this plate of fried rice does make me crave for more - staying true to the name of this dish, it comes with kangkung, sliced chicken and plenty of anchovies. Even, this dish is filled with "wok hei" so I strongly recommend you to try it if you like kampung fried rice.

Cantonese Noodles (RM 9.60)
Enough of rice so we opted for a plate of Cantonese noodles. Just like the Chinese "Ying Yong" or "Wan Tan Hor", this dish never fails us. All of us like it except for my brother - he thinks that it is a bit too artificial as the dish is surprisingly sweet. My take on that is the vegetables are sweet, leading to the sweet gravy but my brother thinks otherwise.

Hainanese Chicken Rice (RM 9.60)
Among all the dishes, this was the least favorite one. The rice and chicken are very cold. Chicken does not taste well and the portion is quite small - not worth the money at all! The chicken rice at the hawker stall tastes way better than this. What is unique about this chicken rice is the soup where it carries the similar taste and smell as the prawn noodles soup.


I will come back again to try out other dishes like their Penang Assam Laksa and probably opt for their Nasi Lemak Ayam again :).

Ambient: 4/5
Price:     4/5
Food:     3.8/5
Service: Good

Ali, Muthu & Ah Hock,
B-G-01, Ground Floor, Block B, Oasis Ara Damansara,
Jalan PJU 1A/7, Ara Damansara,
47301 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.
Tel: 03 - 7832 3138

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment