Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Chapter 46 – Breakfast at Raju restaurant, Petaling Jaya


If you would ask me to drive all the way to Raju restaurant to have my breakfast, I would have to consider; reason being is that I do not doubt the quality of food there but it is rather a distance from my place to PJ, not forgetting two tols that I need to take. However, whenever I find a reason to visit PJ early in the morning, be it hiking at Bukit Gasing or participating at the recent Vitagen Walk 2014, I would be sure to have my breakfast at Raju shop, Petaling Jaya.
Usually, people would opt for their roti canai while complement it with other side dishes such as curry mutton and curry chicken. If you prefer to choose your own side dishes, you can get them at a side of the shop. At that station, (let’s put it that way), you can see the freshness of the seafood that they have first before getting them to fry it.
And up to today, they have never failed me. I always order a plate of fried onion sotong and I am so in love with it. The portion is quite small unfortunately, hence, I tend to order two plates of fried onion sotong, sometimes. Meanwhile, bestie and my friends love their fried fish eggs in which they usually double up the portion. I do not take fish eggs hence, I am unsure what is so good about this dish. Nevertheless, when I asked my friends, apparently, this was one of the best fried fish eggs that they ever had – it is soft yet, provides the juicy feeling - unlike other places where the fish eggs tend to be hardened after they are being fried.
Of course, I too order a piece of roti canai to fill my tummy – Raju shop serves about 4 - 6 type of gravy such as chicken curry, dhal, fish curry, sambal and many more. That gives a variety of option to the diners there. Besides that, roti canai is served using banana leaf instead of a plate.

In total, it is always nice to have something different once a while especially for brekkie during the weekends. If you have some time to spend, its best to hike Bukit Gasing and followed by a meal in Raju restaurant; at least, you burn some carbs while gain some on other hand, rather than pressuring your poor body to digest more food intake.

Roti canai (kosong) – RM 1.50
Fried Onion Sotong – RM 13.50
Fried Fish Egg – RM 10.00

Raju restaurant is located at 27, Jalan Chantek, 5/13, 46000 Petaling Jaya.

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment