Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chapter 45 – Dinner @ Pu Tien restaurant, 1Utama


Good things will come to those who wait J Personally, I don’t really believe this as I feel that the longer you wait, the more disappointment you will get. However, this rings untrue now to me because I am actually blessed with many good things in life due to my patience of waiting, for sure! Though I might have missed the boat for not getting into a certain place, I am now truly thrilled that I have a better option now. And I believe that more good things are coming into my way.

Last two weeks, one of my close working colleagues (also, one of my best friends) decided to take a big step and start a new chapter in her life by moving to another company. I give her my blessings as I believe she deserves a better offer out there. Though we might be filled with little sadness, it didn’t stop us from having a good, proper dinner. Hence, we went to Pu Tien restaurant at 1Utama.

To be frank, it was my first time there. I didn’t know much about the restaurant thus, I followed with the flow as well as allowing my eyes to feast around in case I could order something nice for my tummy. Upon browsing through the menu, the first thing that caught my attention was COCKLEESS!! Quickly, I made the say to order a plate of Drunken Cockles while, my friends ordered something else.
Drunken Cockles - RM 9.90

My favourite dish for the day! Cockles are my favourite food since young – I can even eat them even though they are raw. I know this sounds creepy but I enjoy the feeling of letting the “BLOOD” to burst in my mouth. Haha!

To kickstart our great dinner, we had a bowl of cabbage soup. And I must say it was truly enriching! With a plethora of green vegetables plus beancurd, it somehow eased my soul that at least, I did not bombard myself with lots of carbohydrates. In such a cold weather, a hot bowl of soup is always soothing and nice to have.
Cabbage soup (S) - RM 22.50

I looked at this dish a few times before I decided to take a piece. I was wondering why did it cover with fats and where was the meat? Neither did I know that pork trottle did not have much meat in it as it is filled with lots of tendons. Apparently, this dish is good for your tendons especially the hands area. In any case, I was not really a big fan of it – it’s good to have it once a while but not so frequent-lah!
Pig Trotter - RM 7.90 for a piece

Ohh..I love this vegetable! A simple dish accompanied with three different type(s) of eggs – it was totally yummy.
Spinach - RM 17.90

Overall, our bill came up to RM111.00 where each of us had also a bowl of cabbage fried rice; price was quite reasonable actually as three of us felt very full after that. Of course, we have lots of grandmother story to share but unfortunately, the restaurant started hinting and chasing us off. Well, that was nearly 10pm, so, I guess not only were they prepared to close, that applied to the mall too.

Pu Tien restaurant is located at G-213A, Ground Floor Promenade, 1 Utama Shopping Centre (Old Wing), No.1 Lebuh Bandar Utama City Centre, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel : 03 – 7722 1539

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment