Monday, July 7, 2014

Chapter 44 - 24 Hours in Cameron Highlands!


Last weekend, I headed to Cameron Highlands with bestie and friends after months of busy, hectic schedule. Even though it was a short getaway (2 days and 1 night), my mind was clearer while my body was well recharged. I knew that it was the time for me to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city as I needed a different environment to enliven my spirit up.

Being a working adult, travelling is no longer a choice but it’s more like a need; even though I can’t travel to a far place, a short escapade will serve me well enough.

Cutting the story short, these are what I had done in Cameron Highlands, within 24 hours. To my surprise, I managed to visit lots of places, my tummy was well-entertained and my body got sufficient rest.

27 June 2014

2pm - Upon checking in at Copthorne Hotel (previously known as Equatorial Hotel) at 2pm, we headed out for lunch near to Kea Farm Market. I got myself a plate of spaghetti carbonara and unfortunately, I was not fancied about it. You may wonder why I chose to opt for spaghetti instead of other local delights, available in Cameron Highlands – seriously, I had no idea J

3.30pm – Right after our lunch, we strolled along the Kea Farm Market. I was attracted to their fried mushroom, steamed sweet corn and steamed potatoes. Despite I had lunch not long ago, my tummy could still accommodate them. Many stalls had closed at that hour because most of these stalls opened since morning.

4.00pm – Next, we headed to Big Red Strawberry Farm. No entrance fee is required and you can walk in to see the huge farm. Aside from strawberries, you can see quite a number of greenies too. Of course, I took this opportunity to “selfie” till I reached their café. There is a lot of food related to strawberry available in the café - as much as I wanted to try all their food, I couldn't hence, I only had their Fried Ice Cream, Strawberry Yoghurt, Strawberry Cheesecake and Strawberry Waffle.
5.30pm – After that, we went to Berinchang Night Market. I have no idea why but I do get excited every time I visit night market; perhaps, it is due to a plethora choice of food available there. Weather was not siding us unfortunately, but we managed to brave ourselves in the night market and got our tummy 4 packs of uncooked sweet corn, fried mushrooms, fried potatoes and many others. Best of all, bestie got a “Oh Kim” (black wood) in the market too – we have come across Raja Kayu but how many people know about “Oh Kim”? Due to curiosity, bestie bought it at RM 15.00.

6.15pm – We headed back to hotel after a long day. While having our body to rest, our eyes were feasted with local dramas and movies, offered by the television.

7.30pm – It’s time for dinner! We thought of having steamboat at “Kwan Kee Steamboat Restaurant” but lady luck was not with us – Waze brought us to Tanah Rata when Kwan Kee Steamboat Restaurant is located at Berinchang! Aiks – at that time, it was nearing to 8pm hence, we decided to have our dinner at May Flower restaurant instead. Overall, food was so-so only.
9.00pm – While we drove back to hotel, we thought of taking a walk at the Berinchang Night Market. Again, the rain poured and we had to bid our dream away.

9.30pm – We reached our hotel, cleaned ourselves and it was time to say good night!

28 June 2014

7.00am – With more than 7 hours of sleep, our body were well rejuvenated. We had our breakfast in the hotel.

8.30am – We visited Kea Farm Market again and this time, we bought quite a number of stuff; I feel like an aunty when I was there too – I bought mushrooms la, some vegetables, and sweet potatoes.
9.30am – After we had our morning “shopping”, we headed to Bee Farm – we strolled there and decided to make a move after sipping a RM2.00 premium honeystick.
10.00am – Then, we went to Sungai Palas Tea Plantation. It was not easy to go in with few sharp turns however, I must say the scenery was truly breathtaking. It was so chill especially when the wind welcomed us there. While we tried their teas as well as some of their pastries, we also took the opportunity to visit their factory (details of this will be written in the next post). While we were amazed with the natural beauty and spent nearly 2 hours there, we almost forgotten that we had to check-out from our hotel.
1.00pm – We quickly packed our baggage and then, bid farewell to Copthorne Hotel. Before we drove back to KL, we had a quick lunch at Uncle Chow restaurant. I had my curry laksa there – imagine you have something spicy especially in the cold weather! That feeling was really amazing.

2.00pm – We started our journey back home.


Now, you can also use your time wisely and have a short getaway too, just to release yourself from the work stress and pressure. With 24 hours a day, look at how much I had done – I ate a lot, I visited quite a number of places and most importantly, I felt truly happy during this trip.
Enjoy your life to the fullest and reward your hard day with something soothing.
Cheers.

Regards,

Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment