Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Chapter 43 - Chicken Rice @ Hiong Kee restaurant, Klang

Hainanese Chicken Rice is commonly associated with Hainanese, Malaysian and even, Singaporean cuisines. Truth to be told, a lot of people assume that it is easy to cook Hainanese Chicken Rice however, I feel that there is a lot of hidden agenda behind in order to produce a fragrant bowl of rice plus the tender yet smooth chicken.
Recently, my bestie and I visited Restaurant Hiong Kee at Bukit Tinggi, Klang. I was pretty happy when I first stepped in because the place was clean and it brought the cosy ambience to the diners there. With a stall stationing outside of the shop, it manages to bring a large crowd of diners to opt for their chicken rice.

Upon our arrival there, we were greeted by the friendly staff and they recommended their good food, knowing that it was our first time there. My bestie opted for pork belly and roast chicken while I got myself a mixture of Char-Siew and steamed chicken. 

Honestly, I don’t find their steamed chicken fascinating as well as the roast chicken. As for the Char-Siew, I had better ones before in Shah Alam. However, I must give credit to their pork belly. Understood that there are 3 layers of meat which are lean meat and the fats, I must say that the chef has done a pretty good job here. The fats are cooked in crisp and I enjoyed eating them. Even, bestie couldn’t agree further and he ordered another plate of pork belly.
In total, our bill came up to RM 23.00.

The Hiong Kee Hainanese Chicken Rice is situated at: 61-0, Lorong Batu Nilam 5, Bandar Bukit Tinggi, 41200 Klang.

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment