Thursday, May 8, 2014

Chapter 39 - A Short Getaway to Langkawi Island


                                     
Photo credit to Chua Soon Hong

Langkawi Island is one of the perfect gems for one to relax, snorkel and at the same time, indulging your soul with lots of chocolates as well as soothing yourself with a bottle of beer. Despite the fact that I was bothered with work during my trip, I indeed enjoyed myself there. It was a real, good time for me to reflect about my life too.
                                    
Photo credit to Teo Kean Leong

On the second day of my Langkawi trip, I went snorkelling with a group of my friends at Pulau Payar. We were given the opportunity to snorkel for at least 3 hours there, watching and experiencing the beautiful sea creatures and coral reefs. I felt so serene and calm actually. However, the weather was really hot that I excused myself from snorkelling and sat by the beach while watching locals and tourists alike spending their leisure time there.

At that split second, my mind wondered around – indeed, life can be very simple and fun but humans have chosen to make life complicated. We tend to value money more than anything else and choose to neglect our feelings as well as dreams in life. Instead of chasing our dreams, we help others to achieve their goals. Sometimes, you wonder whether is it worth to do all these?
                                       
Photo credit to my Iphone 4S

Back to my Langkawi trip, here is a quick summary:
  • ·         I spent about RM 1, 000 in Langkawi

Believe it or not, all of us overspent actually. I didn’t foresee myself to overspend though and now, I just have to put my travel plan aside since my budget had exploded for my Langkawi trip. Lesson learnt here is to plan your budget ahead!
  • ·         Chocolates and liquor are SO, SO cheap there

I bought about RM 300.00 worth of chocolates and I was quite amazed with my shopping pattern. I couldn’t believe that I bought so much – perhaps, I thought of creating my own Thanksgiving Day and giving out chocolates to the ones that I treasure.
  • ·         Snorkelling at Pulau Payar

Starting from 1 May 2014, the price has doubled up. To snorkel at Pulau Payar, one needs to pay RM 180.00. If you were to go in group, you will have the bargaining power to ask for lower fare. I personally feel that it is not necessary to snorkel at Pulau Payar because you don’t really get to see many fishes there. Since I have been to Pulau Redang and Pulau Perhentian, my vote for snorkelling goes to Pulau Redang and Pulau Perhentian – at least, it was worth paying that reasonable amount of money while feasting your eyes with wonderful creatures.
  • ·         Perdana Quay

Not sure if you are familiar with this place but it is located quite near to Langkawi Sky Cab. At night, the place was very peaceful with few shops operating at that hour. While having your dinner plus chatting session with your friends, you get to enjoy the night scenery with a row of yachts there.
  • ·         Say NO to midnight flight

It was a torture actually to travel back in the midnight. Our flight was supposed to depart at 10.40pm from Langkawi however, we experienced flight delay. Hence, we left Langkawi about 11.00pm and reached LCCT at about 12am. In addition, we had to fork out extra money in order to get a van to chauffeur all of us back to our place and we finally reached home at 2am. Our eyes were 80% shut off and we longed for our beds.

Additionally, I feel that the number 1 question that people will always ask when travel to Langkawi is how many bottles of liquor can one bring home? After speaking to the flight attendant as well as people at the airport, one can bring a bottle of liquor (1 litre) only. No liquor shall be put in your check-in baggage and you must hand-carry them.

All in all, a short getaway to Langkawi helps to rejuvenate my soul and body; till then, I look forward to more trips in near future. Thanks guys for the memorable trip!
Photo credit to Chua Soon Hong

Signing off,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment