Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Chapter 37 - Claypot Chicken Rice @ Taman Berkeley, Klang

Craving for a bowl of claypot chicken rice is certainly not hard to find in Klang. Sometimes, I am glad that I live in Klang despite that I have to brave through a heavy jam every day to work. Living in Klang for more than two decades, I must say that there are a number of good food for me to explore here. Recently, my family and I had dinner at the Number One Claypot Chicken Rice shop at Taman Berkeley, Klang. I did not proclaim it to be the number one claypot chicken rice but the name itself had drooled us to opt for that.
                           
Indeed, this was my third time visiting that place. I never get the chance to capture some images considering that the place is always packed especially during the weekend. This time however, I managed to get a few since we were there very early.

                           
Upon seating down, the friendly waitress came to our table and took our order. Within a split second (which was less than 30 seconds), the waitress brought the food to our table - that happened really instantly and we had not even prepared the tea yet. Service was really fast on that day.

Pork trotter soup
To start off, we had a bowl of pork trotter soup. Indeed, it is important for the soup to be enriched with strong and spicy flavor especially allowing the pepper to outshine on its own. However, this did not happen at all in my first sip and I was a bit disappointed. Then again, I was wrong as the more I sipped, the pepper-ish flavor slowly overtook my taste buds. Once I finished them all, I could see myself drenching in sweat.

Bowls of Claypot Chicken Rice
Once we are done with the soups, we were presented with bowls of chicken rice. In these bowls, you will get some chicken, Chinese Sausage as well salted fish bits with spring onions as garnish. Use a big spoon to mix the ingredients and you may then start enjoying your meal. One drawback for this is that I couldn't really taste the salted fish after mixing them. Perhaps, the boss could give us more salted fish? Or probably have them in bigger size?

Having greenies is a must to have in all meals - the vegetable is so crunchy and it tastes really, really good. I believe they just allow the Oyster Sauce to do the magic.

Overall, our taste buds were really satisfied despite that our shirts were slightly soaked in sweat. Their business is really good especially during the weekend and I personally feel that many people love their claypot chicken rice is probably because of their unique cooking method. After all, they do not use gas stove but rely on a traditional way which is using charcoal to cook them. For the above mentioned food, we spent RM 43.00 only.

Number One Claypot Chicken Rice restaurant is located at : Jalan Lang, Taman Berkeley, 41500 Klang, Selangor (Corner Shop).

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment