Monday, March 24, 2014

Chapter 36 - Dim Sum @ Restaurant Mexim, Klang

When comes to dim sum, many will agree that Puchong is famous with that. At this point in time, I am not so sure yet since I have not tried it but I must say that to find a good dim sum especially in Klang could be quite tough. My family and I used to visit a Dim Sum restaurant in Bukit Tinggi, Klang however, the place is always packed with people. We have to wait for at least 20 minutes for a table and that also depends on your luck. If you wait for the right table, you will then be able to have your dim sum early otherwise, do take this as a practice to level up your patience skill.

Speaking of which, this time I went to Restaurant Mexim with my family to opt for their dim sum. Since we were early, we got to choose whether to sit inside or outside. My family went ahead to sit outside considering that it was less humid outside. Upon sitting down, we were quite blur on what's the next step since this was our first time there. Within a few minutes, the waitress came to our table with an array of cold dim sum. We were taken aback for a few minutes looking at the stack of dim sums nonetheless, we did proceed by placing our order. After we placed our order, they went ahead with either steaming or frying depending on what we chose.

Service was quite fast at that time. Look at our table - we ordered so much for 4 people only and yes, we had a great time finishing them as well.

Nothing to be shout out but oh well, nothing can go wrong too with my favorite food. The filling is "ling yong" by the way.


When I saw this dish, it reminds me of xiao long bao - this is because you only get ginger and vinegar when you eat xiao long bao and not fried dumplings. Anyway, the filling is real juicy with a hint of vegetable taste but somehow, I feel that this dish is a bit oily.


This is yummy - the outer is crunchy yet, it is so juicy in the inside.


Can you see the two yellow porcupine bread? Well, that's something special actually. It is the pineapple bread which is somewhat similar to pineapple tarts. Unlike pineapple tarts where you bake it, this pineapple bread is done through steaming.


Yup - you guess it right! This is chocolate bun! I should have eaten it when it first served to our table and probably, I would be able to see the chocolate filling flowing out. Unfortunately, I did not neither my sister. In any case, this bun gives me the impression of having a chocolate bun (such as Sweetie) where we can get it from supermarkets.


The seaweed roll is really good. Besides meat, you will have a crab roll in it. Super juicy and the taste of the seaweed simply complement the fillings really well. I wish my stomach can accommodate one more but just not for that day.

My bill for that day was RM 83.50 in total.

All in all, some of their food are nice and some are just so-so only. Nevertheless, I must give credit to this restaurant for at least serving the food upon customers' order rather than re-steam or re-fry for numerous times. With this business concept, it will certainly ensure hygiene and freshness of their food quality.

Restaurant Mexim is located at No.24, Leboh Tapah, off Jalan Goh Hock Huat, 41400 Klang, Selangor.
Tel number is 03 - 3341 8671

Regards
Foodiestravel

1 comment: