Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chapter 35 - Top 3 Must-Eat Food in Klang!

Klang is well-known for its Bat Kut Teh. Regardless which area you go, you will be sure to find at least a Bat Kut Teh restaurant/shop in that area. At times, you will be snowed with a selection of at least 3 Bat Kut Teh shops in a row. Whether you like the broth to be in rich herbal taste or prefer to have a lighter one, you can easily get it! However, be sure to always try the broth which is rich in herbal taste as that represents the true Klang Bat Kut Teh.

For those who have been following my blog, I believe you are aware that my top selection for Bat Kut Teh is always "Sei Ngan Chai" - this shop is located opposite Maybank, off Jalan Meru.

     
Bat Kut Teh

They offer the soup version as well as the dry version. Frankly speaking, I love the dry version so much because the smell and aroma itself simply triggers me to have them more. With a hint of spiciness and sprinkle of fried mini octopus, you will soon see yourself drenched in sweat. Under the hot weather and battling to eat them, you will enjoy having it. If you are daring enough, I dare you to eat them with "chilli padi". 

Besides Bat Kut Teh, Klang do offer lots of nice food. They are:

1. Fried Porridge @ Bubur Goreng Restaurant

The restaurant is located at Berkeley area, serving fresh seafood complementing it with either mihun, mee, mee suah or even, porridge. Whatever it is, I personally feel that their food are up to the standard. Service is good where the boss of the restaurant will recommend their good food and at the same time, advising us whether the amount of the ordered food is sufficient for the diners. Besides that, we do not need to wait for ages for the food to arrive as it comes within 10 minutes.

Plus note : The chef puts crispy pork lard in all the dishes which is why the food brings an amazing taste to our taste buds - this also means that it is a NON-HALAL restaurant! 

Fried Porridge @ RM 13.00
 Besides Fried Porridge, you can opt for other food such as:
Fried Mihun in Hokkien Style @ RM 13.00
Wan Tan Hor @ RM 13.00

Bubur Goreng Restaurant is located at: No. 32 and 34, Lorong Lang, Taman Berkeley, 41150 Klang.

2. Steamed Lala @ Bubur Goreng Restaurant

Yes, you saw it right! Those who breathe in Klang, you would be wondering why I didn't state Boston Restaurant instead - Personally, I feel that the steamed lala in Boston restaurant is not something to shout about. Perhaps, I prefer steamed lala to be served in a better and right manner - when the waitress brings a plate of steamed lala to your table, the lala(s) are supposed to look orangy-yellowish and not shrinking in size. Besides that, the broth is supposed to be rich in ginger-ish flavor plus a hint of chinese wine and a bit of spiciness which gives you a kick at the throat and tummy. 

So far, the Steamed Lala in Bubur Goreng Restaurant managed to satisfy me. I was so overwhelmed when I saw the plate of Steamed Lala till, I had forgotten to take the picture. 

Steamed Lala @ RM 22.00
*Picture was taken from Google Image*

3. Roti Canai @ I.V Restaurant

Deng, Deng, Deng!! Who says that one needs to travel to Raju restaurant in Bukit Gasing to try the best roti canai? Well, bestie and I went to I.V Restaurant instead to try their roti canai in one of our weekends. I tried roti canai at Raju restaurant before and I must say that their roti canai is really, really nice. However, Klang does offer good roti canai too. Just before I.V Restaurant closed their shops, we managed to sneak in and order 3 plates of Roti Canai plus a bowl of mutton. 

Just like other Roti Canai that we have in any other places, the appearance of it is nothing amazing. Only the first bite makes a difference! The roti canai is flaky and crispy while the curry gravy is thick and pungent.

I.V Restaurant is located at: 117, Jalan Pandamaran Jaya 62,  42000 Pelabuhan Klang. They open from 5.30am to 5.00pm so, no reason for you to miss it =).

Roti Canai

Stay tune for more posts about good food in Klang!

Regards,
Foodiestravel!

No comments:

Post a Comment