Friday, May 24, 2013

Chapter 19 - Authentic Thai flavor @ Khunthai restaurant

I'm a fan of Thai food as the food tastes incredibly nice -  a perfect combination of sweet, sour and spicy flavor. When Khunthai restaurant spreads its wings to Klang, I swear that I will be heading my way to that place and I DID!

Situated along Banting road, one can easily find this restaurant especially with the aid of road signboard. However, the road that leads us to Khunthai restaurant is just a hassle for us. Instead of tar road, there are so many lorries and potholes - I was wondering how Khunthai can survive at this deserted place, initially.

Usually, most will go to Khunthai restaurant for their dinner. If you do not get to reserve a place there, I would suggest you to go early around 6pm - Imagine you get to dine in early without need to worry of not having a place to sit and you can watch the beautiful sunset scenery.

Food service was really fast. Within 10 minutes upon our order, the waitress brought our dishes to the table. The food was served hot and it triggered our taste buds to quickly put them into our mouth.

Chap Oong Omelet 
Using Thai vegetable, this simple dish is simply enough to make everyone fall in love with it. Regardless the young or the old ones, this dish never seems to fail our taste buds.
Price : RM 9.00

Pandan Chicken
It is one of the signature dish in Khunthai restaurant and it is a must-to-order dish! You can choose to have it in 6 pieces or 10 pieces - however, my suggestion is always go with 10 pieces because it ain't enough with just 6 pieces ^^. The Pandan Chicken is marinated in their special sauce (I believe) and I must say that they are so flavorful. 
Price: RM 23.00 (BIG)

Thai Style Steamed Siakap Fish
There is a variety ways to cook a fish in Khunthai and eventually, we opted for their Thai Style Steamed Siakap Fish - as one of their signature dishes in Khunthai restaurant, you can choose to complement the style of cooking with any of your chosen fish ANNDD I must say that the fish is really fresh.
Price: RM 39.00

Sweet Potato Leaves Belacan
WARNING! It is SPICY. If you love spicy food, I dare you to try this. When you take a bite of it, you will never stop eating it. With fragrant smell and a generous portion of sweet potato leaves, I was surprised that it was just not enough for 6 of us. 
Price: RM 8.00

Steamed Lemon Lala
This is another food heaven that I feel it is a must to have it - with the mixture of few spices, this spicy yet sour dish simply opens our appetite. If you want to add squids to this plate, you can actually order their combo set (combination of lala and squid).
Price: RM 15.00

After dining in Khunthai restaurant, you will find yourself drenching in sweat! However, all this means nothing when you actually experience and taste good Thai food - And I swear that I will be coming back to try their Green Curry and BBQ fish.

Khunthai Restaurant,
Kampung Air Hitam, 
6 1/2 miles, Jalan Langat,
41200 Klang Selangor

No comments:

Post a Comment