Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Chapter 11 : Sabah Zhong Zhi

Urge of learning and curiosity about the goodness of "Zhong Zhi", my Sabahan friend made his trip to his hometown recently to learn this special, unique food. As "Zhong Zhi" is widely available especially during the Chinese festive season, I personally love this food.

"Zhong Zhi" or some may address it as "Bak Chang" usually come in a triangle shape (3D triangle la..). However, when my bestie presented their Sabah Chinese dumplings, I was pretty amazed. Instead of a regular shape that we see in the market, they are actually put together in a rectangular shape. I'm not sure whether is this how Sabahan makes their "Zhong Zhi" or it is just merely my friend =)

 Tightly tied up so that the rice would not flow out.
 Carefully removed the leaf and my nose was tickled with this good smell. Glutinous rice is well packed and there is no flaw on it
Ta-da!! A good Zhong Zhi is ready to eat. What I need to do is just preheat it again and woh-lah...
Decent ingredients and perfect taste combination.

Quoted by my friend, " Making a "Zhong Zhi" is not easy. You must know how to cook the ingredient well and it can take up to a few hours in order to produce 20 pieces of it." He added that "One must also know how to wrap Zhong Zhi - the ultimate skill that one should have. Otherwise, your money would be flushed to the drain." 

I'm glad that my friend shared this with me and I must admit that the taste is splendid. Even, my parents acknowledged it. Haha. If you feel like trying this out,  you can simply leave your comments here. Who knows when my friend has the chance to make it, you would be the lucky one to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment