Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chapter 7 - Kissaten @ Jaya One

First of all, many thanks for the great wishes and blessings for my birthday!! The wishes meant a lot to me and I'm proud to have all of you around me. As usual, food is always a must-must especially this BIG day! Boyfie extended his invitation and we made our way to Kissaten, Jaya One.

Sounda familiar? At first, I had the impression that it must be some sort of Japanese restaurant and boyfie had warned me not to google and find about this place. So, the whole thoughts of Kissaten as a Japanese restaurant remained till boyfie slowly gave me some hints about this place. Best known for BURGERS?? I was a bit hesitant to buy into his statement as how could a western food be the hot pick in a Japanese restaurant? Something must be wrong here....

Hence, boyfie brought me there for dinner. Surprisingly, it is a fusion of Western and Japanese food. Many have proclaimed that they served good pork burgers and of course, we could never miss this dish out =)
Ordered a green tea pot for 2, it was the best option. As much carbohydrates and fats streamed to our stomach, it was best to have tea to cleanse our inner organs. The service was quite fast as within 15 minutes, our orders were fetched to our table.

RM 10.90

The first dish that came to us was the Teriyaki Pork Burger. One word - AWESOME! It was amazingly good..The homemade pork patty was enveloped with a layer of teriyaki, plus an egg with some lettuce, tomatoes and the burger buns - this made the burger thick. I hardly can put the whole burger into my mouth and we got them to cut into four. Awesomely good that we never regretted order this.
RM 19.90

Next dish was the Spaghetti Steak Salmon. When I had this dish, I was in a confusion that how could a Japanese restaurant serve good spaghetti..Of course, we can't compare this to those full fledged Western restaurants but this spaghetti really impressed me. Generous salmon was given and the quantity of spaghetti was quite reasonable.
RM 8.90

As a light snack, we ordered Tsukune Teriyaki with Eggyolk Sauce. Presented to us was like 2 sausages on a white plate with an eggyolk, we thought that it was just a normal sausage. We had the first bite and it indicated that our thoughts were wrong. It was a blend with lots of ingredients but my instinct told me that the main ingredient was pork. Do let me know if you think its not.

Personally, I admired and loved the whole concept of eating this with the eggyolk sauce. It was unique in a way but I found it too sweet. If they lessen the level of sweetness, it might be a perfect snack =)
RM 12.90

While we enjoyed the food here, we saw many burgers going out from the kitchen. So boyfie was quite eager to have another burger and I suggested Teriyaki Chicken Burger. By the time the waiter presented the dish to us, we was quite amazed. "Kailan" was put in the burger!! Haha..Along with the wedges, the taste of this burger was not as awesome compared to the Pork burger. Probably, it was because of the lean chicken meat which caused the texture slightly hard.

Anyhow, the bill came to us was about RM 7+.++. A reasonable and satisfying meal by having a fusion Western and Japanese dish. I don't mind to head back to Kissaten again for the pork burger. Thank boyfie for the wonderful meal =)

No comments:

Post a Comment