Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Chapter 81 - London, the Land of King (Day 1)

I'm back!! Hahah..like two weeks ago. Truly blessed that I had the chance to visit London this year despite a short one. I spent about 8 days and 5 nights there yet, time didn't seem to be sufficient. I went to a number of places which I would certainly share with all of you here.

Overall, I love this place so much! I love London, not just the cold weather where we experienced zero degree Celsius but the lifestyle, work pace are certainly amazing to me. 

No doubt to say that you have to walk a lot when you are in London. In a day, I can literally walked more than 10, 000 steps and of course, I enjoyed it despite that my legs were aching at some point. As it is about 8 hours time difference between Malaysia and London, I did not start my day with a pack schedule. Once we stepped into London, we had a city tour followed by a good proper Chinese meal in Chinatown before checking in to Lancaster Gate Hotel.

The hotel's location is fantastic for us because it is just right opposite the Hyde Park and is a walking distance to the first Hard Rock Cafe, Oxford Street and Winter Wonderland.

I shall let the photos to illustrate how my Day 1 was in London =)

One of the meals that I had in MH flight that flew for 13 hours.
All I did is eat, sleep and watch movie.
Upon reaching the Heathrow airport - it was freaking cold with zero degree Celcius.
The first stop where we came down from the bus to breathe in the cool air while taking some selfie shot. Wah-la, London welcomed me.
 One of the shots taken during the city tour - look at how healthy the Londoners are - they cycle around despite the cold weather.
 Selfie shot taken in front of Buckingham Palace - So happy to see the sun
Buckingham Palace, London
Buildings in London. Truly amazed with their architecture.
Big Ben, one of the iconic tourist spots in London
Selfie shot again in St Paul Cathedral's Garden - we took a toilet break here while feeding our beloved tummy with sandwiches from Pretz.
 Photo taken in front of St Paul Cathedral
 Here I am, standing near to The Shard (the tallest building in the European Union) which is also referred as the Shard of Glass
 Shot taken in front of Tower Bridge - amazing view and breathtaking scenery
 One of the unique places that I saw during my city tour
 Hunger kicked in and we stopped at Chinatown, London. 
Hello Chinatown!!
Headed to New Loon Fung and had a variety of Chinese food. I like it but I couldn't eat much at that point of time. Probably, that's due to the long flight. After the lunch, we got our local SIM card done- by that time, it was already late afternoon and soon, we checked into our beloved hotel, Lancaster Gate Hotel. Took an hour to relax before we headed off for our dinner.
Dinner was at The Prospect of Whitby, River Thames. Personally, I feel that it is quite far for us to travel all the way from our hotel to River Thames, just to have the fish & chips. We were quite tired by the time we reached perhaps due to the bad traffic jam as well as our long flight. 

We headed back to hotel after our dinner and called the day off. 
After all, Bath was our main destination for the second day.

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment