Thursday, August 13, 2015

Chapter 72 - 30 Hours Famine, Bentong Trip.......Reminisce Taiwan moment

August 2015 has been treating me good thus far - a number of events had took place, a myriad of food offerings that I sampled which makes me look rounder, a number of places I went though it was a short one and what's more important when I spent my golden time with my loved ones.

1. 30 Hours Famine at Stadium Petaling Jaya



This was probably my third time volunteering myself for this event. Glad that Deric brought me in as the volunteer the last time and I can proudly said that I truly enjoyed every single hour although hunger strike especially when we were given some free and easy time for three consecutive years. This year, I volunteered myself in the media team (like always). Others might envied us as we got to see the Famine Ambassador at a closer look and this time, it was Penny Tai, Malaysian actress who is currently based in Taiwan.

However, I was not really taken away by the celebrities, to be frank but more on the activities as well as the spirit of togetherness in braving through the hunger for 30 hours. Not 1 person joined you for this good cause but more than 18, 000 people sat in the stadium and hold their hunger despite staying under the roaring sun and rain.

2.  One Day Trip to Bentong


I was quite fortunate as I had the opportunity to visit Bentong town...not for once but for three times this year. Each time I went to Bentong, I would surely come back with my tummy filled with tons of durians as well as bringing along some good durians like Musang King and D24 to my family. 

On my third visit to Bentong, I went there together with a group of my colleagues - we danced around, played some games, immersed ourselves in the cold river, indulged in some signature Bentong food like chee cheong fun, fu chuk and ice kacang and last but not least, had the best durian spread ever. 

In fact, I had the most durians this year - no wonder my body size is going side way now..Oh no!!!

3.  Awww...how I missed my Taiwan trip


Until today, I still go through my photo album to rejoice the moments when I was in Taiwan. Life was really good back then -  putting on my tourist cap, all I wanted to do was just strolling along and witnessed the beauty of sea and mountain.

Should I make a visit back to Taiwan anytime soon? Hmmmm....

Time to check out the flight rate now.. Oh ya, AirAsia recently launched the RM3 campaign so, there could be something for me.

Till then, adios..... Time to plan for my next getaway...

Regards,
Foodiestravel


No comments:

Post a Comment