Monday, May 11, 2015

Chapter 67 - Chequers Cafe @ TTDI

My craving for waffles kicked in for the past few weeks. While I found it tough to get my cravings satisfied, my friends suggested to have our monthly gathering at Chequers Cafe at TTDI.

As pledged according to its Facebook page, Chequers Cafe serve handmade Waffles using premium local and seasonal ingredients set in a fun and whimsical atmosphere. Both sweet and savoury waffles creations are available. Other than waffles, diners can opt for pasta or desserts.

In fact, I visited Chequers twice; one was with my friends and another time was with my bestie. I was satisfied during my first visit hence, I called my bestie to visit that place again in the following week. Unfortunately, I was brought to disappointment as the quality of the food was compromised though I ordered the same one.

One of the few dishes that got me fall in love initially was Chequers Chicken Square. The highlight of this dish is certainly the chicken patty itself; it is thick and flavourful; accompanied by a spicy waffle (which unfortunately I did not taste anything spicy in the waffle itself), purple raisin slaw, chicken juice and racha sauce.
Chequers Chicken Square (RM 23.80)
(This was the photo taken during my first visit to Chequers Cafe where my friend ordered it)
Nevertheless, look at the same dish which I ordered in the second week. Did you spot any difference? The most obvious difference was the waffle itself.

The second dish that I ordered was Chicken Cobb Sandwich; a savoury waffle that encompasses grilled chicken, sliced tomato, beef bacon, cooked egg, avocado and curry mayo. While I do not take beef, the waitress was so helpful to inform the chef and replace the beef bacon with turkey ham. 
Chicken Cobb Sandwich (RM 20.00)
Chicken Cobb Sandwich (this is how it looks like during my first visit)
Real tempting and I personally like this dish compared to the first one. Bestie on the other hand, prefer the Chequers Chicken Square as the patty itself is unique in taste.
Chicken Cobb Sandwich 
(This is how it looks like during my second visit; hmmm, rather sad with the presentation and food quality)
Chocoholic (RM 17.00)
To chocolate lovers, you will certainly fall in love with the above dessert. Heavenly taste in chocolate, the cake is made of chocolate semifreddo on waffle crust, almond brittle, oreo crumble, chocolate ice cream and diced fruits. A side note on this dessert is that I found it a bit too sweet hence, it's best to share it among your friends.

All in all, waffles lovers especially, can opt for some unique combination of waffles, be it in Asian style or Western style in Chequers Cafe. A place that is worth going at least, for the first time if you are somewhere around TTDI.

Chequers Cafe is located at 153, Jalan Aminuddin Baki, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, Kuala Lumpur.

Regards,
Foodiestravel



No comments:

Post a Comment