Sunday, December 14, 2014

Chapter 59 – Oyster @ Pulau Aman, Pulau Pinang

 
Life has been ups and downs especially for the past few months. Many challenges have interjected my way and pity my exhausted brain for needing to entertain all these. Needless to say, I did not even have the opportunity to really buck up my training even though I knew that I had signed up in the 10km run in Penang Bridge International Marathon which was held in November 2014.

Nevertheless, I am grateful that I did not choose to be a coward and skip this run since the Penang trip was one of the most memorable events this year. While I, myself prefer to run in Standard Chartered Marathon Kuala Lumpur compared to the Penang run due to so many reasons where runners tend to push one another since the road is pretty narrow, the journey to Penang was somewhat I am thankful for – great people, tasty food, amazing stay and most importantly, the understanding driver who sacrificed his sleep for usJ.
One of the stops that we made was at Pulau Aman, Pulau Pinang. All these while, I have never heard about this place till my friend introduced it to me. We stopped by at Pulau Aman Jetty and I was told that we had to board on a boat to get to the village at the other island. I was pretty excited and paid RM6.00 for return way.

Waiting patiently in the boat that comfortably accommodates about 10 people at one time while accompanied by strong wind that messed our hairs; we reached the respective village in less than 5 minutes.
My friend took the lead and I tailed their back. We stopped at a place where fresh goods are sold namely oyster, prawns, squids, mantis prawns and many more. Tourists like us can purchase the food from there and bring it over to the nearby restaurant for them to fire up. Our deep craving for “La-La” was brought to disappointment when the boss told us that it was sold out!! We stared at our watches and it was just 9.++am only – haiz…
So, what I did was I ordered a fresh oyster for RM5.00 and I can swear that it was so so fresh, juicy and delicious. I thought of having another piece but then again, I decided not to since it was considerably quite early that day and I did not want to upset my stomach.

Aside from that, one can also order other food such as fried rice, noodles and etc. Fresh fruit juices are also served in that restaurant.

All in all, I am pleased with my findings at least to try the fresh oyster! If I am travelling to the north again, I will be sure to drop by Pulau Aman and fill my temptation by trying their “La-la”. 

By the way, I will be sharing more on my food hunting + Penang run in my next post so stay tune yeah.

Regards,

Foodiestravel 

No comments:

Post a Comment