Sunday, November 2, 2014

Chapter 57 – Serdang Lama Steamed Fish Head Restaurant!


Traffic was rather good that day..Or was it because I started my journey early in the morning at 6.30am? While I had my things settled in the early hour accompanied by my siblings and dad, our tummies craved for food though it had not reached the lunch hour yet. Since Serdang is my dad’s territory as he has been working there for the past 2 decades, there is no doubt that dad is the best person to consult when comes to Serdang’s good food.

Located at Serdang Lama, dad brought us to dine in some Chinese food. While the shops do not have the name or signage, it is situated right opposite a Chinese small temple. When you are driving on the road, you can see a small signage of “Serdang Lama” which requires you to turn left. Once you turn to the left, you will come across the Chinese temple on your left and the shops itself are on your right.
I would say that it is a neighbourhood shop – the place itself is not really impressive but who cares if the food is absolutely tasty. We were their first customers since it was just 11am. Without hesitant, my dad proceed to order some of their signature and delicious food.
Pork broth and eggs

Within seconds, the food arrived! Yummy – the word that I would use to describe all their dishes. The first dish that came to our table was Pork Broth and 2 Eggs. Note that you can request for many eggs if you want to. The fragrance smell is indeed enough to whet our appetite. Pork is rather soft and the thick broth tastes perfectly good – not too sweet.
Signature Tofu

Signature tofu is one of their best selling dishes. According to my dad, many of his friends love this dish so much. Since it is their signature tofu, they have put in their secret recipe which you cannot get it elsewhere. Crunchy on the outside, soft and moist in the inside while having bits and pieces of carrot in; dip it into the bowl of chilli sauce and have a small bite of the dish while letting the hot air out.
Stir-Fry Sweet Potato Leaves

Haha! I have the privilege to order greens but unfortunately, I am not a person who fancy vegetables. So, I simply choose a dish and surprisingly, a simple stir fry sweet potato leaves can taste so good! One thing to comment is that it could taste better if they put some fried anchovies as the topping when they serve the dish.
Steamed Fish Head

Hero of the food is here! Yes, see the picture above – on the first look, I am not even sure if they serve us the right dish but dad claimed that it was. According to dad, KL people love steamed fish – is it right?? Though my dad is a pure Klang-rian, he admits that KL restaurants serve better steamed fish than Klang ones. This, I have to admit. The fish tastes really good – the fish head is fresh, the hot piping gravy tastes sweet and what’s important is that the green sauce on the top does not taste gingerish at all! Heard from my dad that the way they steam their fish is really different. The fish head is chopped into several pieces once they receive the order; it is steamed in a very hot temperature for about 1 ½ minutes, the own steamed fish sauce is added and not forgetting include the homemade specialty topping before it is served. YUMMY!!

And guess what – with all the dishes that we ordered plus a pot of hot tea and 5 plates of rice, the bill came up to RM69.00 only!!! I’m serious – writing this blog post now makes me feel like visiting that place again…

While this is a nameless restaurant, its nicknamed is called Serdang Lama Steamed Fish Head restaurant. Address: No. 55, Jalan Besar, Serdang Lama, Selangor.

Happy trying!

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment