Saturday, November 23, 2019

Bak Kut Teh, we’ll have you the next round. Peng Heong Hakka Paikut, Klang tops the list.


Born in Klang and grown in Klang yet, how can I call myself a Klang girl without trying the known Peng Heong Hakka Paikut where it attracts people from near and far. On a random weekend, after our hearty breakfast session, I tagged my partner along to give a try on their signature pork ribs.
Since it was my first time there, I was filled with so much excitement and anticipation, looking forward to savour the best hakka paikut in town. The feel-good factor was further amplified when you got yourself a good parking space. Judging from the large crowd on a Sunday afternoon, it heightened my curiosity and appetite to quickly get a table and order a plate of paikut (pork ribs).
Signature Pork Ribs (from RM8 – RM20 depending on the portion)
I salivated a little while simultaneously had my fork ready to take the paikut (after taking its photo). It was tender and flavourful while having a strong aromatic aftertaste which I enjoyed the most. Then, I took the second piece and I was immediately put in disappointment. The second piece was hard and un-fresh – it’s just not like the first piece that I had. Thankfully, before my experience got ruined, the third piece went well. As the pork ribs come with a strong flavor, I suggest to have it with a bowl of rice – even we did order one although we were pretty full!

What supposed to be just a plate of pork ribs turned out to be a feast as we wanted to try some other dishes that caught our attention.
Vinegar Pork Trotter (RM9)
It was nice! However, I prefer if more vinegar could be added to bring out the sour-ish taste especially after having the flavourful pork ribs! I guess it’s just time to ‘clean’ our mouth.
Deep fried pork meatballs (RM1 per piece)
Unfortunately, the meatballs were pretty disappointing. I was hoping that it gave the punchy taste but all I got was just dry meatballs that were lack of taste.

And how can you not have barley drink on a hot Sunday? Comes in a big bottle, the barley drink was not too sweet and it was quite refreshing.

All in all, I must say that their signature Hakka Paikut is one of the best pork ribs that I ever have in Klang. Note again, in Klang but not one of the best pork ribs that I have in my entire life. So, if you are in Klang, I reckon you to try this place instead. Klang has lots of good food so, don’t just indulge in Bak Kut Teh but have a change for once!

Ambient: 3/5
Price: Reasonable
Food: Non-halal, lunch
Service: 4/5 (fast)
Verdict: Must try their signature pork ribs!

Peng Heong Hakka Paikut Restaurant,
No.2, Lorong Gudang Nanas, off Jalan Pasar,
41400 Klang, Selangor.


Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment