Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Chapter 165 - FLOUR Restaurant @ Bukit Damansara


When my friend prompted me to FLOUR, I thought that they were playing a prank on me. Trying to be macho, I literally turned to Mr. Google and typed the word “FLOUR”, hoping that there would be some new discoveries. All I got was merely flour, flour and flour…purely tepung.

Seeing how clueless I am, my friend shared a link pertaining to ‘FLOUR Restaurant’ – in that very second, I was filled with so much of embarrassment that I asked myself ‘How could I just type the word Flour without restaurant?


Known for their authentic northern Indian cuisine, I headed to FLOUR with another 3 friends of mine. FLOUR is situated right in Bukit Damansara that you might have to fully depend on Waze (if you are not familiar with Bukit Damansara). Even if you know the place well, I still suggest you to use Waze because there is a high chance that you may miss this place especially if you go there at night.

Strawberry Lassi
In FLOUR, I was told that Mango Lassi is a must to order but unfortunately, it was not a mango season. So, I opted for Strawberry Lassi. Smooth texture and packed with its flavor. Good choice indeed.

Papadum
Then, we had Papadum. Unlike the usual Papadum that we have in banana leaf, it was very crispy and refreshing especially when you dip it with mint sauce. However, it only had 2 pieces per order.

Mutton Briyani
Mutton Briyani was another recommended dish. It was one of the most compelling briyani that I ever had. The rice was fragrant with spices and the mutton was tender. A really nice bowl of briyani.

Fish Curry with Sesame Kulcha
Pairing with fish curry (a recommendation from the waitress), we opted for Sesame Kulcha, an Indian flatbread with coriander and sesame. A pretty good combination.

Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken) with Naan
Another favorite of ours was Murgh Makhani (Butter Chicken) with Naan. Chicken pieces were well-marinated, giving so much punch of its flavours.  Every bite was just an explosion of aroma and flavours that you just longed to chew them bit by bit while enjoying the moment.

Ajwaini Baingan (eggplant in curry)
Among all the dishes that we ordered; we collectively weren’t that fancy with Ajwaini Baingan (eggplant in curry) with Laccha. As much as this was one of the best-sellers in Flour, we didn’t like it much. We thought that okra curry could be a better bet.

All in all, if you opt for an authentic Northern Indian cuisine, FLOUR Restaurant is a must to go. A gentle reminder to always make your reservation before heading there. Or else, you might have to wait for 1.5 hour, just like me.

Ambient: 3.8/5
Price: Slightly Expensive ($$$$)
Food: Northern Indian cuisine, Halal
Service: 4/5
Verdict: Try it today, at least once in a lifetime!

FLOUR Restaurant,
69 & 71G, Jalan Medan Setia 1, Plaza Damansara, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur.
012 – 221 4066


Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment