Thursday, September 20, 2018

Chapter 152 – A day trip to Seremban, Negeri Sembilan

September is indeed a busy month for me; from celebrating my elder brother’s birthday to attending wedding dinners at Ipoh, Setia Alam and Kuala Lumpur, a short gateway to the neighboring state and a considerably long holiday to Busan, Korea. Speaking about Busan, I have so much to share and will probably do so in my next post.
While holidays are now over, there are still many other ways for you to rejuvenate, reconnect with your loved ones and reengage with your friends whom you have not spoken for months by simply going out of the busy KL city and have a day trip to Seremban.
And this is how you can utilize your time well, not just visiting but also indulging in lots of delicious food while bringing home the famous Seremban Siew Bao.
1. Visit Jelita Ostrich Farm
It’s the second time I visited this farm! Here, of course you see many ostriches and learn how to differentiate the gender of the ostrich, you get to stand on the ostrich eggs without fearing that it will break (provided that you are less than 200kg), you ride on the ostrich and get yourself a certificate at the end of the day and watching how ostrich races with one another. 
Voila, I’m not heavy.

Mr Chee decided to feed a goat instead of ostrich #apani

2. Lunch at The Gift Tilapia Restaurant, Seremban
Best if you can come in group so that you can try a variety of delicious food. It’s lunch anyway and we managed to treat our tummies well. The signature dish is no other than its steamed tilapia! So sweet and juicy!

Steamed Tilapia with Soy Sauce (RM 46.00)
Tilapia Grilled with Soy Sauce (RM 45.00)
Free Range Chicken (RM 16.00)

Another favorite of mine is its char siew. So far, the best char siew that I ever had is in Kuala Lumpur but this plate of char siew is enough to attract me to go back again since my house isn’t that far to Seremban anyway #hintingmrchee One plate is never enough and we had another plate. 
My favorite Char Siew (RM 21.00)

The Gift Tilapia Restaurant,
No.11, Jalan Merbok 6/1, 
Taman Bunga Blossom,
70100 Seremban.
Tel: 06 - 633 1312

3. Visit Aeon Mall at Seremban
One of the iconic landmarks in Seremban! Imagine that I had to travel all the way to Seremban just to look for a book since it was sold out in most of the KL bookstores. Thankfully, my effort was paid off and I found it there in MPH.


4.  Dinner at The Street Crab & Lala Restaurant
When you visit this restaurant, certainly you have to order crabs. Instead of just one plate of crab, we ordered 4 plates of crab, just to feed 10 tummies; not forgetting that we had other mains like Kam Heong Lala, Stir-Fry Cabbage, Fried Rice and Fried Noodles. 
Sang Har Mee (Small) - RM 16.00
Shrimp Fried Rice (Large) - RM 55.00
Cabbage (Large) - RM 18.00
Kam Heong Clam (RM 38.00)

Sometimes, I wonder what’s wrong with my stomach! How can I eat so much even though I don’t feel hungry…? Look at the amount of crab we had.
Salted Egg Crab 
Black Pepper Crab
Salted Roast Crab - my favorite among all
Sweet and Sour Crab

These 4 plates of crab costed us about RM 299.70 for 3.33kg. Is it expensive or justifiable?

One thing for sure – I never regret it! The crabs are huge in size and sweet in taste. How can I resist it when they are placed right in front of me?

The Street Crab & Lala Restaurant,
GF-46 & 47, Lorong Haruan 5/1,
Oakland Commercial Square,
70300 Seremban.
Tel: 06 - 603 0155

5. Buy Siew Bao at Kedai Siew Pau Asia (Siew Pow Master) 
Before we returned to our home sweet home, we stopped by at Kedai Siew Pau Asia to buy our favorite pastries. 
Photo credit from my friend, Hester.

There you go! You can spend a day trip in Seremban and get to indulge a myriad of good food. All you need to do is to call your friends now and go for a ride on this Saturday! Don’t wait till September is over.
Happy faces yet sleepy (thanks to the food)!

Regards,
Foodiestravel 

No comments:

Post a Comment