Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Chapter 55 – Angcle Peoh @ Bukit Tinggi Klang


Stepping out from the house always make me wonder where to go and what to eat. I am always in the dilemma especially weekend because things can get really bored if we are to eat the same food again and again.

Though I am now craving for Korean food, my appetite was well taken care of during the weekend where I had a reasonable Penang food. Despite the taste that is not really similar with what I usually get in Penang, at least, I do not need to drive all the way to Penang in order to satisfy my taste buds.
Located at Bukit Tinggi, Klang, the history of Angcle Peoh actually started since 1950 when Uncle Peoh’s mom was a good cook. In that era, she carried all the laksa ingredients, walked 4km from her house to Ayer Itam market and sold laksa at the side of the bridge. When Uncle Peoh was 7, he started to help his mum at the market and thereafter, they owned their first bicycle which made it easier to carry the rattan basket. At the age of 17, they owned a pedicab and 27 years of hard work later, Uncle Peoh owned a small lorry.

Cut the history short, today, everyone knows what Penang Ayer Itam Asam Laksa is. The brand name “Angcle Peoh” is used as “Ang” is Uncle Peoh’s surname.

When you hit the store, it is a must to order a bowl of Asam Laksa.
Asam Laksa
RM 6.90
I was not really fascinated with the Asam Laksa. As I am a person who craze for intense flavour, I feel that the Asam Laksa would taste better if the soup is more concentrated as well as more “Har Goh” is given. Right now, the soup is a bit diluted compared to the Asam Laksa in Penang.
Fried Tom Yam Mee
RM 9.90
Somehow, I prefer this – though there is nothing special with this noodle, the tom yam taste is something that I must applaud. Heavily enveloped the maggi noodle with Tom Yam taste, squids and bean sprouts, this dish is best to be eaten when it’s hot. It is a little spicy but it is my favourite thus far.
Fried Kuay Teow with Chicken Egg
RM 6.90
For a good plate of Char Kuey Teow, “wok hei” plays a very important role. In Angcle Peoh, the fried kuey teow is so-so only. Giving generous amount of cockles, bean sprouts, and prawns, I feel that the dish is lack of “wok hei” and it is rather oily. However, my friend who ordered a plate of Fried Kuey Teow with Duck Egg praised the dish – so, if you want to try, I would reckon to order Fried Kuey Teow with Duck Egg (RM 8.90) instead of Chicken Egg.
Curry Mee
RM 6.90
The presentation is really nice! It comes with a rendang chicken, tao pok and cockles. It smells good at first but the taste is rather blatant. It is not spicy despite the colour of the gravy looks red.

Overall, the food here is OK and price is reasonable. However, the taste of the food definitely cannot beat the original taste in Penang. I have no idea why. Once a while, if you crave for Penang food, you can have the short-term satisfaction at Angcle Peoh in Bukit Tinggi, Klang while, planning for a trip down to Penang during your free time.

Angcle Peoh is located at 42, Lorong Batu Nilam 21B, Bandar Bukit Tinggi 2, 41200 Klang, Selangor. It opens from 9am to 9pm on Mondays to Sundays.

Regards,
Foodiestravel

No comments:

Post a Comment